PATIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
We believe that all client/patients receiving services from Life Tech should be informed of their rights.
Therefore, you are entitled to:
1. Receive reasonable coordination and continuity of services from the referring agency for home
medical equipment services.
2. Informed consent and refusal of service after the consequences of refusing services are fully presented.
3. Be informed in advance of the charges, including payment for service expected from third parties and
any charges for which the client/patient will be responsible.
4. Have one’s property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of client/patient
5. Be able to identify staff members through proper identification.
6. Voice grievances/complaints or recommend changes in policy, staff or service without restraint,
interference, coercion, discrimination or reprisal.
7. Choose a health care provider.
8. Confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the client/patient record and of
Protected Health Information.
9. Receive appropriate service without discrimination in accordance with physician orders.
10. Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
11. Be fully informed of one’s responsibilities.
12. Be informed of provider service limitations.
13. Be informed of anticipated outcomes of service and of any barriers in outcome achievement.
1. Client agrees to promptly report to Life Tech any defects in products so that replacement can be arranged.
2. Client agrees to use the products for the purposes so indicated and in compliance with the physician’s prescription.
3. Client agrees to notify Life Tech of any hospitalization, change in customer insurance, address, telephone number,
4. Client agrees to request payment of authorized Medicare, Medicaid, or other private insurance benefits are paid
directly to Life Tech for any products furnished by Life Tech.
5. Client agrees to accept all financial responsibility for products furnished by Life Tech.
6. Client agrees that Life Tech shall not insure or be responsible to the client for any personal injury or property damage
related to any products; including that caused by use or improper functioning of the products; the act or omission of
any other third party, or by any criminal act or activity, war, riot, insurrection, fire or act of God.
7. Client understands that Life Tech retains the right to refuse delivery of service to any client at any time.
8. Client agrees that any legal fees resulting from a disagreement between the parties shall be borne by the unsuccessful
party in any legal action taken.
9. Client understands that they be informed by Life Tech in advance of any changes in the plan of care.
When the client/patient is unable to make medical or other decisions, the family should be consulted for direction.